Wound Care: Inpatient and Outpatient Wound Management
St. Vincent Health offers Wound Care by specially certified registered nurses who focus on all stages of wound management. This includes diagnosing a wound type, considering factors that affect wound healing, and the proper treatments for wound management. Wound Care is an integral part of improving a person’s quality of life and wellness.
- Evidence-based wound care treatment
- A personalized care plan for each patient
- Open and ongoing communication with primary and referring physicians
- Inpatient and outpatient treatment options
- Wound Care Certified (WCC) Registered Nurses with advanced training, including Conservative Sharp Wound Debridement
- Negative Pressure Wound (“wound vac”) Therapy
Wounds have many types and causes. The SVH Wound Care Certified nurses help people dealing with:
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Arterial ulcers
- Venous ulcers
- Traumatic wounds
- Post-surgical wounds
- Chronic, non-healing, or complicated wounds
Wound Care is offered to both inpatients and outpatients.
To schedule outpatient wound care, contact St. Vincent Health at 719-486-0230.
The Wound Care Team:
Amber Guzzardo, BSN, RN, WCC
Lindsy Coon, BSN, RN, WCC, CEN